I’m not sure I’m liking RegisterFly anymore. I switched to them because I heard good things a few years ago. But…
- Their site was slow when I first was using them. You know what? It still is.
- My renewal for this year didn’t seem to go through back on 2/14/06, and my trouble ticket submitted on 2/18/06 hasn’t gotten any response. Up until today, it’s been 13 days.
- Since I haven’t gotten a reply thru the support ticket system, I resorted to call them. They don’t have an 800-number. I called them the first time, and was on hold for 8 minutes – before I was hung up on. I called again, and was on hold for 13 minutes. Finally, [Ross] answered.
Here’s a few ironic lines I heard when I was on hold:
- “Customer service is our #1 priority.” Garbage.
- “Your call is important to us. Please stay on the line.” Yeah, right.
Talking to Ross, he was struggling himself. “The system is responding really slow, can you hold on for a sec?” Sure, I’ve been holding for 21 minutes, what’s one more second? (Rolls eyes) Fortunately, everything was okay. The renewal did go through, but the system didn’t take it yet. He had to refresh my account or something. So, what I checked my account online on their slow website, my domain won’t expire until 2007-03-19. Phew.
Next year, I don’t think I want to put up with them. Sure, everything else has gone through smoothly. But if something goes wrong, I don’t want to wait two weeks, and even then I had to take the initiative! Any ideas on a domain registrar that has good customer service and a speedier website?