I had a nice time with my Dad, step mom, and Jessica (my half sister). Here’s a list of my Twitterings while I was gone.
June 23, 2007
- I’m barely leaving for San Diego right now. I’m bad. I hope there’s no traffic! 11:29 AM (This one didn’t get through to Twitter, so I copied it here from my phone.)
- Just got on I-5 South and there’s hardcore traffic. I’m screwed. 11:56 AM
- My long time friend, Pete Chang, just called me from Iraq using VOIP. He’s in the Army. Slight delays, but it was awesome hearing from him. 12:31 PM
- Hi Irvine – and traffic. You’re back! Grr. 12:33 PM
- Hello San Juan Capistrano, where are the swallows? 🙂 12:48 PM
- [Bryan] is in Dana Point. Traffic continues. 01:05 PM
- Heavy congestion in Oceanside. Weather is great, though! 01:33 PM
- Alright, I’m here. We’re going out to eat now. Dad’s driving me and his wife to lunch. 03:01 PM
- I’m trying to get a word in edgewise. Not succeeding. 03:16 PM
- Finished eating at Mandarin Chinese Restaurant. Gonna swing by an aunt’s house before going back to Dad’s. 04:15 PM
- My step sister’s
playing guitar,practicing with her friends from her church. Pretty cool. 05:09 PM
- Dad hooked me up with some new shoes from the Navy Exchange. We’re gonna watch “Fantastic Four” now. Me, him and Jessica. 06:19 PM
- At Chula Vista mall. 06:31 PM
- I took Foto Fun Strips with Jessica. We look wacky. I’ll upload it tomorrow. 06:45 PM
- Killing time. We’re bored. Jessica found the arcade. Game over (for dad). 07:04 PM
- At the movies, about to watch “Fantasic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer”. Previews are rolling. 07:23 PM
- Movie wasn’t that bad. Time to head back to the house. 09:08 PM
- Watching a Tagalog movie that seems like “The Grudge”. My stepsis doesn’t think so. 11:45 PM
The drive was about three hours – brutal. Blueberry (my step sister) was hanging out with her friends all afternoon, so I didn’t hang out with her.
After lunch, we visited Aunt Vicky and her son, Virgil. She thought my dad was going to take me to a strip club. What the freak? That was hilarious – and totally out of the blue. (No, I don’t roll like that!)
Dad bought me some new shoes. I picked a pair of brown Vans. They’re plain, but I’ve never worn brown shoes, and Jessica rated these an 8 out of 10. (I’m not sure she knew what I was talking about when I asked her to rate all the shoes we looked through.)
At the [outdoor] mall, Jessica oddly wanted to check out Hot Topic. (She’s in 3rd grade, so I thought it was hilarious.) One of the workers enthusiastically said hi to us, and I had a lame non-conversation with her. (I felt awkward because my dad and sister were with me.) I gave her my band business card, because she said she liked all kinds of music. I wouldn’t be surprised if she promptly tore it up because of my lacking conversational skills.
There’s a gap from the time we got back to the house and when I watched part of that Tagalog (Filipino) horror movie. We stopped by Carl’s Jr and ate there. Then, back at the house, I did the business presentation to my dad and step mom (which went very well, by the way).
I got really drowsy an hour into the movie so I went to bed.
June 24, 2007
- Doing card magic for my half sister. Gonna leave soon. 10:10 AM
- Just did some card magic for my dad. Hilarious reactions! 11:27 AM
- Heading home now. 11:41 AM
- Back home. Basically. Gonna buy some lunch first. That was a little over two hours. 2:10 PM
I woke up around 9 AM. I couldn’t get hot water from the shower, so I skipped it. At least I wasn’t sweating profusely on Saturday.
Jessica woke dad up at 7:30 AM because she was really hungry, so they went to Denny’s. If I had only waken up earlier! Instead, I ate some toast and Philadelphia Cheese, and some of the Chinese food leftovers from the other day.
I did a bunch of card magic for Jessica. It was tough because her attention span wavers. Meanwhile, dad was washing one of the cars.
When he was done, he had me look at the computer I built for him awhile ago. Windows is hosed, so since it’d take a few hours to clean install, I suggested to box it up and take it with me. To kill a little bit more time, I showed him some card magic, too. Awesome? Oh yes. At the mall on Saturday, I should’ve had my cards with me because we had an hour to kill.
At the start of the drive home, I couldn’t find a Starbucks, so I stopped by a 7-Eleven before driving onto the freeway. There were a few spots of traffic, but for the most part, it was much better.