I had a blast at my first Photowalk! Thanks to Thomas Hawk for posting about it and Trevor Carpenter for organizing the event. On top of that, I brought James Corsini with me – and he doesn’t even own a camera! (He borrowed a Casio P&S camera, so that worked out fine.) He was stoked that he came along. We had a great time hanging out with a lot of awesome and enthusiastic photographers.
- You don’t need a DSLR camera – a P&S will work fine. If you can take photos, you’re good to go.
- If you’re taking photos at night, bring a tripod. I was struggling to get steady photos.
- Don’t be scared! It seemed like most of the guys in the group didn’t even know each other until that evening.
See my photos from the Photowalk at Flickr
Update: Here’s some links to the other photographers that were there. Thomas Hawk linked to them already, but I’ll do the same for kicks.
- Thomas Hawk (Zooomr)
- Trevor Carpenter (Zooomr)
- Randy Carranza (Zooomr)
- Alexis Carranza (Zooomr)
- Douglas Welch (Zooomr)
- Noel Kleinman (Zooomr, Flickr)
- Mike Hedge (Zooomr, Flickr)
- Leah Peah (Flickr)
- Brian Auer (Flickr)
- Karoli (Zooomr)
Other ways to see the photos: the “photowalking080407” tag at Zooomr and Flickr.
7 thoughts on “Awesome Photowalk at Santa Monica”
Awesome post, Bryan. Thanks for the mention.
More importantly, thanks for coming and bringing James.
I’m glad you guys came.
I’m planning a Santa Barbara photowalk in a few weeks w/ Noel.
Watch, http://photowalking.org for more information.
2-3 hour trek? Hopefully there won’t be traffic, but either way, that would be awesome! I hope it’s on a Saturday, too.
You were all really cool. I mean it! 🙂
Have a good time in Oregon!
@Mike Hedge: Thanks, and welcome back from your awesome travels!