Over the weekend, I went to the Long Beach Convention Center to see Comeback Kid, Silverstein, Strung Out, Lagwagon, and Rise Against.
- It was awesome. Every band put out a ton of energy and the crowd felt it.
- Nostalgia set in when I heard Lagwagon because I loved them back in high school ten years ago when Andy first showed me their music. (The first song I learned on electric guitar was “Sick” from their album, Hoss.)
- I’m not a hardcore fan of Rise Against, but they put out an amazing show. I wish I could’ve enjoyed them more, but I was in the pit protecting myself and…yeah.
- It was great to hear Silverstein again. I saw them at Warped Tour a couple years ago, but I liked them better up close.
- I was in the pit – alone – because Darren and Fred thought they got floor tickets. They paid the same price I did, but they had seats instead.
- I hate large moshers because they have no common sense that their size could kill someone.
- I would’ve put my pictures up, but it turns out that Jered Scott and Rich Gaccione put theirs up already. They look way better. I love this photo of Tim McIlrath.