In a time where life moves so rapidly, I periodically need reminding that I need to do the following to regain focus: stop.
Have you done this recently?
Take out a piece of paper (or open a text editor/word processor) and answer the following:
- Name three to five things that give you joy.
- Name three to five things that cause you suffering.
- How can you increase #1?
- How can you decrease #2?
- Where are you heading in the next 3-6 months?
- Where are you heading in the next 12 months?
- Where are you heading in the next 3-5 years?
- What are the steps you need to take to move closer to these goals.
There are lots of people that float through life. I don’t want to be one of them. When you answer these types of questions, I think you’ll gain an edge over everyone else: purpose.