I had an awesome time last Sunday! I got there on time, I had my ghetto business cards on hand, and I felt more comfortable with the people there.
My thoughts after this one?
- It helps to have an outgoing personality. Me? I drank a Monster on the way to the photowalk. Done.
- The more photographers present, the less anxious you feel about law enforcement. All I could do was chuckle when I saw someone with a badge. (Having read The Photographer’s Right page helped, too.)
- Next time, name tags. I hate having to ask, “What’s your name again?”
- Scout for nearby restaurants for the end of the photowalk. Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, whatever. Print ’em out, bring the paper with you.
Photo by Trevor Carpenter, with permission
The photo doesn’t represent everyone that attended – it was just a nice group photo with most of the participants.
- Trevor Carpenter, Flickr, Zooomr, blog
- The Carpenter Princess, Zooomr
- Brian Auer, Flickr, Zooomr, blog
- Jessica Powell, Flickr
- Leigh, Picasa, blog
- Bryan Villarin, Flickr, blog
- James Corsini, Flickr, blog
- Patricia Marroquin, Flickr, personal
- Jason Toney, Flickr, blog
- Arnold, Flickr
- Camille, Flickr
Others include Ron and Norman, who we lost transitioning from Olvera Street to Union Station. (Or, maybe they ditched us. Say it ain’t so!) I wish they had their photos up on some sort of photo sharing website.
- Photowalking.org – Olvera Street, recap
- Leigh’s Photos – Photowalk at Olvera St and Union Station
- Blog Is A Mix Tape – My Own Private Sunshine (Jason Toney)