I feel way more confident with my photography. Taking photos every day for the whole year helped immensely. Although it’s nothing to write home about, I’ve been able to monetize a little[1. Of course, that’s the definition of an amateur.].
Wicked year, right?🙂
In a more detailed list format:
- In January, I upgraded from a point-and-shoot to a [used] Canon EOS Digital Rebel DSLR camera and committed to take one photo a day for 2008: A Year in Pictures. Five months later, I upgraded yet again to a Canon EOS 40D.
- My first paid event was a birthday party.
- I sold a few fine art prints.
- With the help of some photo passes, I also photographed a couple concerts (Finch and Rx Bandits) in front of the barricade.
- I hooked up Five Mile Town with a photo session because they love my photography. I also took some photos of them (from the stage) in concert.
- I went to Hawaii for my cousin’s graduation and vacation. While I was there, I took a little over 2,000 photos.
- I went to Las Vegas with Tobias specifically to take tons of photos.
- I had my first paid photo session with my coworker’s family. A few weeks later, I had another one with the help of Twitter.
- To wrap up the year, I was the second photographer in a wedding (thanks to Noel Besuzzi).
- With the departure of Doc Bray and finding Chris Juede, Phantom Scream ceased and The Scarlet Paradigm took its place.
- After months of rehearsals, we had our first show for a New Year’s Eve party at AltPixel Studio. It was an awesome way to end the year.