I’ve been home for almost a week after three weeks of house/dog sitting for Simon and Sarah[1. Sarah is Bill’s sister, and Simon is Sarah’s fiance.]. I was going to describe my times with Mork, but…no. I’ll just say that it feels good to sleep past 7am.
While I had an interesting time with Mork, I’ll miss his floppy ears, huge paws and awkward trot. I’m sure it won’t be my last time seeing him.
A huge thanks goes to Sarah’s mom and stepfather for taking the other puppy (Mindy).
What did I learn from that experience?
If you want a dog, watch a bunch of episodes of “Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan.” Owning and caring for a dog is a full-time job.
Get details of everything around the house. Here’s a list of questions to ask the owner.
- Where can I go? What may I use? What’s off limits?
- How do you work the electronic gadgets (TV, AV receiver, computer, etc.), dishwasher, washing machine, dryer?
- What’s the WiFi password?
- Who are the neighbors? Do they know about me?
- Where’s the emergency shut-off for gas and water? Circuit breaker?
- Is there parking enforcement?
- When is trash day?
- Do you want the plants watered?
- Are you expecting important mail or packages?