I’m at Write The Docs EU today in Budapest and will post semi–unpolished notes from sessions throughout the day after each talk finishes.
Current system, based on Kuma, allows them to display the information they deem fit for how they want their sites to be displayed.
- Responsive design
- Content zones
- Search is front and center
- Migrated from custom Google search to own implementation
- Full text, multi–lingual
- Faceting, filters, pagination
- Extensible via admin UI
- Based on document tags
- Topics, skill level, and document type currently
- Every search page is available as JSON.
- Includes are metadata to programmatically use the search.
- Creative Commons license!
- Search result navigator on document pages.
- Coming from search page.
- Documentation status page (processed through Kumascript). Slick!
- Command and query.
- Quick access to filters with shortcuts.
- Extensible UI for suggestions.
- Developer toolbar integration
- Source code inspector
- Code editor integration via plugins.
- User profile search with @user syntax.
- docs.json integration.