Since updating OS X from Mavericks to Yosemite, I’ve noticed that my laptop will randomly:
- Not go to sleep when plugged into my Thunderbolt Display; the laptop display and Apple logo will remain illuminated.
- Restart after a few minutes if a bunch of apps are open and my computer is locked.
I spent about two hours trying several of the suggestions in the support guide, “When your Mac doesn’t sleep or wake“. After the point of trying to reset the SMC and NVRAM, I feel I’ve put off a clean install long enough.
- Mac Clean Install Checklist by 40Tech
- Checklist for Erase and Install of Mac OS X by Christopher Lai at CodeHive
- Checklist for Reformatting Your Mac by Asian Efficiency
- Manually Migrating to a new Mac by Matt Gemmell
- How to Clean Install OS X Yosemite from OS X Daily
I promise to track my progress carefully, because I’d love to share it with you after I get to the other side.
If you have any relevant suggestions or links regarding this process, please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get. 🙂