Creates a to-do for each line in a plaintext file.
I did not realize this was an option. I’m excited because I learned about duplicating projects, which means I can effectively reuse checklists, such as a packing list for trips.
In practice, I’d do the following in less than a minute:
- Copy and save an existing list from Simplenote to a plain text file.
- Run the script.
- Select the text file I created.
- Watch Things import them into the Inbox.
- Move the to-dos into the desired project.
The script allows you to enter a title and note for each to-do, nothing more.
If you need to tag in bulk, you can follow these steps:
- Specify keys to be used for each tag. You can view the Tags window with the keyboard shortcut Command–Shift–T.
- To select multiple to-dos, hold Command (⌘) while selecting each to-do. To select all to-dos in your current view, press Command–A (⌘–A).
- Decide on the tag(s), then use your configured keyboard shortcuts.