I’ve been experimenting with using Siri more often. When I use compatible verbal commands, they’re faster than manually typing my requests. Some ideas:
- Set alarms or timers.
- Add an event to your calendar.
- Add to-dos to Reminders. (e.g. Remind me about this email/webpage tomorrow.)
- Add a to-do to a specific Reminders list (e.g. Groceries). Bonus tip: If you want to add another item to the same Reminders list, you can tap the microphone icon and continue. For example, “Also add spinach.”
- Check weather.
- Open apps. (Perhaps they’re buried beyond your home screen, and will take more than a few swipes.)
Some people mentioned Siri recently, which prompted me to give this a try. In the Back to Work podcast, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin discussed iOS 9 and improved Siri functionality earlier last month:
- Back to Work: 241: We Went to Princeton starting at 1:31:58.
- Back to Work: 242: Not My Bird starting at 44:49.