I feel like sharing some public feedback requests for TaskMator 3.0. 😁
In TaskMator, turning on the Show Badge Number option will display the number of tasks that are not done within the open—or most recently opened—document.
Since saved searches work across the app1, I’d love an additional option in Settings → Advanced, right below the Show Badge Number option.
(1) Apply saved search for badge number
At its current iteration, it’s an unrealistic indicator of my workload for the day to display a super high number (like 299).
Coming from Things, here are their Badge Count settings:
- Due Items
- Due + Today
- Due + Today + Inbox
In TaskMator, adding the option to select a saved search for your app badge means you have the power to make a more complex saved search!
With the help of a Mac, the current alternative that is “easier” would be to:
- Duplicate the existing TaskPaper file.
- Run your desired saved search manually in TaskPaper for each document.
- Expand everything, copy to clipboard, Go to Home (Shift-CMD-H), Select All (CMD-A), and Paste (CMD-V)
- Rename the document.
- On your iOS device, open TaskMator to refresh everything.
Now that I describe that workflow, it sounds ridiculous. I can press a few keyboard shortcuts in rapid, furious succession. After I learn the groove, it’s not a big deal to me.
Short of trying to configure a script to generate/update a daily file, which you’d then sync with your Dropbox folder, this is okay with me.
(2) In the main documents folder, add a right-to-left swipe option to designate a file for the app badge.
This would save time going to Settings → Advanced.
I tried some searches in TaskMator that work in TaskPaper 3. No joy. It definitely isn’t the end of the world, so I moved on.
This one is lowest on this list because I have no idea how long the other two requests will take, and I really should keep this simple.
- That is, not document-specific. ↩