During my sabbatical last year, I completed one project where the end result was to close my Media Temple account. (It was a good run!) Going forward, I would be saving $22 per year. 💵
- I had a grandfathered (gs) Lite plan (shared hosting) at $8.50 per month, or $102 per year.
- My other site (bryanvillarin.com) is a now landing page. It was on my projects list to move it to WordPress.com.1
- RSS reader — I stopped using Fever2, and mainly use Reeder on my iPhone. After their trial, I kept my Feedbin subscription. $30 per year. I could tell that my feeds refresh much more quickly. Their site works well, too. 🙂
- Email — I switched to FastMail3 by following most of their fantastic migration information. $50 per year for the Standard plan. Free trial available. They have two-factor authentication support, the service feels quick, and push notifications work great (as well as my personal spam database).
I haven’t thought about this very much since I completed the move, which is probably a good thing. 😎
- Disclosure: I’m a Community Guardian at Automattic, parent company of WordPress.com. I also use WordPress.com for my personal sites. ↩
- I didn’t realize Shaun Inman suspended sales and support for Fever and Mint in December 2016. ↩
- This is my personal FastMail referral link. ↩