The Scarlet Paradigm at the Whisky (Photo by Michael Kang)
Our set is next Saturday, February 28th, 2009 at 11pm, but bands start performing at 8pm. (More details and tickets)
Are you a photographer? First of all, the venue is camera friendly. We’d love to see any photos you take of us!
I could also use some company walking up and down Sunset for some street photography. (Hopefully some Flickr friends will join us.) We just have to be at sound check at 3:00pm, so we’ll probably be done around 4-4:30pm. That’s a lot of time to kill. Let me know if you can hang out, yeah?
Our band, The Scarlet Paradigm, has a show coming up.
- Where: Whisky A Go Go (West Hollywood, CA)
- When: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:30pm
- Cost: $10
Oh, and this one is ALL AGES. Can you dig it?!
Please buy your ticket now so we don’t have to worry about our pre-sale quota — a necessary evil as we work our way into the big time. Once we sell all these, I’ll remove the “Buy Now” link and you can just buy it from the box office the day of the show. Update 2/10/2009 – We did it! Thanks everyone! Don’t let that stop you from coming to the show, though. Let’s pack it out!
The Scarlet Paradigm is a Los Angeles rock band rooted with progressive, metal, hard, and punk rock influences. Formerly composed of the members of Phantom Scream since 2005, TSP has been equipped with a new singer since July 2008.
I feel way more confident with my photography. Taking photos every day for the whole year helped immensely. Although it’s nothing to write home about, I’ve been able to monetize a little[1. Of course, that’s the definition of an amateur.].
Wicked year, right? 🙂
In a more detailed list format:
- In January, I upgraded from a point-and-shoot to a [used] Canon EOS Digital Rebel DSLR camera and committed to take one photo a day for 2008: A Year in Pictures. Five months later, I upgraded yet again to a Canon EOS 40D.
- My first paid event was a birthday party.
- I sold a few fine art prints.
- With the help of some photo passes, I also photographed a couple concerts (Finch and Rx Bandits) in front of the barricade.
- I hooked up Five Mile Town with a photo session because they love my photography. I also took some photos of them (from the stage) in concert.
- I went to Hawaii for my cousin’s graduation and vacation. While I was there, I took a little over 2,000 photos.
- I went to Las Vegas with Tobias specifically to take tons of photos.
- I had my first paid photo session with my coworker’s family. A few weeks later, I had another one with the help of Twitter.
- To wrap up the year, I was the second photographer in a wedding (thanks to Noel Besuzzi).
- With the departure of Doc Bray and finding Chris Juede, Phantom Scream ceased and The Scarlet Paradigm took its place.
- After months of rehearsals, we had our first show for a New Year’s Eve party at AltPixel Studio. It was an awesome way to end the year.
We wouldn’t tell people our band name until we had at least one song uploaded. That day is today[1. Well, technically last night, but whatever.].
We’re The Scarlet Paradigm.
You can find us at Myspace.com/scarletparadigm — I’ll get a website up for our domain(s) in hopefully a week or two.
We wanted some serious photos of our band[1. For our website, Myspace, PureVolume, etc.], so Danita Clark was nice enough to drive out here and go to work[2. I did the same for her back in September, so she owed me. It was our deal since we’re both broke.]. To make things easier, she used my camera so I could process them myself.
I would link to her, but she doesn’t have a website yet. Also, we won’t say our band name until we have at least one demo song uploaded.