One year ago today, I had a heart attack, and figured I should reflect and share some updates here.
- Since my second Automattic sabbatical (May 2 – August 2), I walk an average of 20–25 minutes per day.
- I’m not as strict on diet as I was a few months after the heart attack, but I still avoid beef and pork. (If I have chicken, it’s in the form of eggs.)
- From early last month (September), results from blood tests are within range. My total and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels are low. Relieved.
- For tracking medication, I switched to Apple’s Health app.
- I got COVID-19 vaccine boosters in February and September; the latter was the bivalent vaccine. With both boosters, I experienced side effects like fever, chills, and elevated heart rate. After the first, I went to Urgent Care — and later, the Emergency Department — as a precaution because my Apple Watch warned me of an elevated heart rate while I was inactive. A doctor confirmed it was only side effects, and I should use acetaminophen.
- I had a CT angiogram, and there is “no aortic aneurism or dissection“. Thankful.
As of now, the cardiologists still don’t know why I had a heart attack, but I’m pleased we’ve prevented another one.